Posted By Vinyl Frog On February 21, 2023
30 Percent Window Tint
You have just bought a brand new car, straight out of the showroom. It is perfect in every sense. The outlook is stunning, with a glossy exterior that gleams in the sun like a gem. But there is still something missing, an enhancement that will take it to the next level, making it highly captivating on the road - the window tint.
Window tint is a thin, scratch-resistant laminate film, made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The polymer is known for its clarity, dimensional stability, tensile strength, and ability to accept a variety of treatments. It is applied to the vehicle’s glass such as front windows, back windows, and rear windshield. The tint darkens the glass in varying degrees depending on the percentage you have opted for.
Car window tints are not only applied for aesthetics but also serve other purposes. Privacy is one of the main and most common reasons for opting for a tint. Other reasons can be protecting oneself from the harmful UV rays of the sun, glare, high temperature and unwanted attention.
Types Of Tint Percentages
There are many options available in window tints from the darkest 5% to the lightest 70%. The percentage refers to the amount of light that reaches your eyes through the glass. This is known as Visual Light Transmission (VLT). The tint that you choose for your vehicle primarily depends on the law in your state. 5% window tint is not allowed in a majority of states. The laws are quite strict about tinting and you will have to follow them if you do not want to get a ticket. If you frequently travel to other states by road, you will have to take into account the law there as well regarding window tinting.
30% Window Tint
In this blog, we will focus on the window tint with 30% VLT. It is the medium shade that falls between the two extremes of 5 percent, being the darkest of all, and 55 percent which is rather see through. It gives your automobile a sleek look. If you don’t want to compromise on privacy yet need that feeling of being connected to the surroundings, 30% window tint will work best for you. It prevents 70% of the light from entering your vehicle.
30% window tint is one of the most popular shades chosen by car enthusiasts. It is dark enough to give your vehicle that glamorous look that you covet but you will easily be able to see through it. If you are worried about night vision, do not fret. You will not only be able to see through it at night but it will prevent you from the glare of headlights from other vehicles as well. Furthermore, 30% tint is legal in many states hence it is a great choice for side windows or the rear windshield.
Benefits Of 30% Tint
30% window tint not only transforms the look of the vehicle but also offers numerous advantages.
- Privacy: The darkened windows allow for greater privacy as they block out any onlookers from peering inside. This makes for a comfortable driving experience and eases any apprehensions about potential robbers. Your belongings will be safe inside your car. You, on the other hand, will be clearly able to see outside.
- Safety: These films also offer safety in case of an accident. When there is an impact, it is highly likely that the windows of the vehicle will shatter. This can be dangerous for those inside the vehicle. Tints prevent this from happening by holding the shards of glass together removing the risk of any further injuries.
- Protects the Interior: Car seats have long been known to fade after a while along with other parts of the interior due to daily sun exposure. Frequent replacements can be tiring and weigh heavily on your pocket. 30% tint film offers a solution by blocking out UV rays to prevent fading. This in turn helps them last longer and ensures that there is minimal wearing out.
- Blocks out the Sun: While 30% tint has many advantages for your car, it also offers a lot to the owner. The sun is blocked out by the tint which reduces glare and exposure to harmful UV rays. Thus, the driver can have an enjoyable ride even when cruising in the scorching heat.
- This also saves one from many health hazards caused by the sun. The harmful rays can play havoc on the skin causing wrinkles, sagging, brown spots, and broken capillaries. They can also cause skin cancer.
- Cooler Environment: The car cabin’s temperature is also reduced by the 30% tint film. This provides a cooler environment and makes sure your air conditioning is not overworking itself. It saves frequent repairs to the system as well. Better temperature regulation is good for both you and your vehicle. This also improves fuel efficiency as you will put on the air conditioner less often.
- Sleeker Look: Black is a timeless color that uplifts any surface. With a 30% tint, your dark windows and exterior can look uber cool and you can protect your windows from scratches simultaneously!
Types Of 30% Tint
Window tints are not all the same across the board. Apart from percentages, they are also composed of different materials and possess distinct characteristics.
- Ceramic Tint: Widely known as the highest quality tint available in the market, the ceramic tint also costs a pretty penny. The film is made up of ceramic particles that shield the passenger from the sun. These films are also incredibly durable and meant to last a long time. However, it is not ideal if your goal is privacy.
- Carbon Tint: Manufactured using carbon particles, this film offers a matte finish as opposed to a reflective one. It offers similar benefits at a mid-range price point.
- Dyed Tint: As the name suggests, this film is made up of a layer of dye with an adhesive layer at the bottom and a protective one at the top. This is the most affordable option and provides the darkest tint. They block out UV rays, reduce glare and offer both security and privacy. It may last you up to 2 years.
Cost Of the 30% Tint
The cost of a tint is gauged by many determinants such as the size of the vehicle, number of windows, type of tint and whether you get it professionally applied or do it yourself. According to an estimate, the 30% window tint will cost you around $150-$600 for dyed ones. However, ceramic and carbon are pricey and range from $250-$800.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Final Word
Getting 30% tint on your side windows is the best decision as you will feel secure because the passers-by or the car beside cannot see inside your vehicle, the temperature of your car will be maintained since most of the sunlight is blocked, and your car’s interior will be safe from getting damaged. We cannot reiterate enough that it is imperative to check their legality in your state before applying them.