Posted by vinyl frog on November 24, 2022
Car Wrap For Business
Vinyl car wraps have taken the automotive world by storm through a myriad of amazing options in colors, textures and designs. They do not only revamp the overall look of your private vehicle but have introduced innovative ways of advertising and promotion as well.
Nowadays, a large number of businesses are using transit advertising as a form of marketing to increase visibility. Wrapping a car with custom business logos or signage can increase awareness and help make profits for a business. In this blog we aim to provide you with the A to Z’s of car wraps for business and what factors you should consider when buying one.
Why Use A Vehicle Wrap To Promote Your Business?
As a business owner, innovative advertising and marketing techniques are imperative for the growth and evolution of the business. With the constantly moving and changing world, many different marketing methods have risen. So why should one opt for a customized vinyl car wrap as a form of promotion? The points mentioned below answer this query:
- Advertisement through vehicles has become quite the norm, since they offer more visibility to the business.
- It is an inexpensive way to promote your business across the local market.
- According to statistics, a wrapped vehicle on the road may receive 30 to 70 thousand impressions per day. This can create great opportunities and give your business the exposure it needs.
- Car wraps are affordable and are normally a fraction of the cost of advertising through billboards.
- They are also mobile hence they can reach remote areas, making the business highly scalable as different customer demographics can be targeted.
- With a wide range of options and customizations available, you can create any eye-catching logos or designs that are sure to leave an impression on the minds of the people.
- Vinyl car wraps can make it easier to reach different customers in an unconventional way. They can impact people in an organic and meaningful way and help drive new people towards your business generating greater revenue and profits.
Different Types Of Car Wraps
As far as modes of business promotion are concerned, you can opt to completely drape your vehicle with an advertisement or partially do so with a decal. Here’s a lowdown on both:
1. Complete Vehicle Wrap
A complete car wrap is aimed at covering the entire vehicle with vinyl to give it a bold and luxurious look. Every side of the car, including but not limited to wing mirrors, roof, bumper, rear and the hood are covered in a vinyl graphic wrap.
Full car wraps are a great option for businesses looking to maximize their exposure, especially if they have a large cohesive design that can cover the entire vehicle. The original paint job of the car is covered and protected and hence, you do not have to worry about matching colors. The full vehicle can be used for advertising.
2. Partial Vehicle Wrap
A partial car wrap, as the name suggests, is applied to a specific portion of the car. This normally involves vinyl with art or a graphic design such as the logo of the company or its tagline pasted on the vehicle.
If you’re looking for a subtle effect and don’t wish to change the entire look of your vehicle, a partial wrap is probably the best option. It costs less than a full wrap and you can create contrasting designs with the car’s original paintwork that can act as attention grabbers.
3. Spot Graphics
Spot graphics are the same as vinyl wraps except they’re smaller vinyl decals or logos that can be applied anywhere on the vehicle. One can apply specific designs or logos without covering the entire car or even a section of the car. They can be applied individually on small sections such as a part of the door or the bumper. They bring imagery to the car at the lowest cost.
4. Window Coverings
Window coverings can be used with perforated vinyl to apply a design to the vehicle’s window. The vinyl is see-through from the inside hence it does not hinder the driver’s ability to see. From the outside, it appears as a solid design and can be used as an effective way to market your business and create greater visibility.
Top Businesses That Can Use Vinyl Wraps
Many business owners believe that large companies with fleets of vehicles at their disposal can only use car wraps for promotion. This is not the case. Since car wraps are a cost effective way to advertise, any business whether it offers products or services can benefit from it. Smaller businesses are more likely to gain greater recognition especially in local markets due to the high return on investment and local influence of car wraps.
Any organization that focuses on business-to-consumer interactions can benefit from having vehicle wraps installed. Here are a few examples of some common types of businesses that can benefit greatly from custom vinyl wraps:
1. Skilled Trade Services
Companies that specialize in offering skilled services can create a professional brand image on their service trucks, cars or vans. This term may encompass many different types of professions, however a few common examples include plumbers, electricians, contractors, roofers, HVAC technicians, cleaning services, painters and so on.
Not only will the wrap attract the drivers’ attention on the road but also in the neighborhood where you’re working as neighbors may look at the vehicle and decide to avail your services. It is a great way to gain exposure as one may need to visit several different neighborhoods, hence, expanding the customer base.
2. Food Industry Business
Vehicle wraps are highly common in the food industry business, especially if you own a food truck or the business offers delivery services. Show off your culinary skills and gain new customers with stunning designs that flaunt your brand.
Food truck wraps play a major role in attracting new customers. When on the road, you need to grab the attention of people passing by and convince them to visit your food truck and have a bite or two. One can use dazzling logos and shiny custom vinyl decals or have their menu or part of their menu printed on the car wraps to persuade the consumers to join the line and order your food.
Similarly, restaurants and bakeries that offer delivery services can also use car wraps to arrive in style and help gain more exposure for the brand.
3. Businesses That Deliver
Food industry businesses are not the only ones that offer delivery services. Furniture companies, courier companies and even several online e-commerce websites offer delivery services where they deliver products or packages to a customer’s house. A branded delivery vehicle will make sure that the customer recognizes who’s arriving at their house and make them excited to receive their parcels.
4. Taxis Or Ride-Sharing Services
With the advent of technology many ride-sharing services such as Uber have mushroomed. Vehicle branding plays a major role in such scenarios as it sets the customer’s mind at ease when they enter an unknown vehicle knowing that it is owned by a reputable company. Ride sharing or taxi services also make trips to many remote local areas that may be unreachable by traditional advertising methods hence they promote their services wherever they go.
Vehicle Wrap Design
Creating different designs is a slightly complicated task when compared to traditional signage as many other details apart from the vehicle’s make and model have to be taken into account when designing the logo on the vinyl wrap.
- When designing business wraps for vehicles, it is crucial that one creates an accurate template file of the vehicle so that a scalable wrap design can be made. All technical information, such as the make and model of the car, the damages to the car or any aftermarket additions must be taken into account before creating an accurate vinyl blueprint. This is done so that the vinyl aligns properly and the logo or any other business signage is visible to the customers. It is best to first apply the design to a digital template of the vehicle to check for any discrepancies in style or size, and then print a scalable version for application.
- High Visibility and bold contrasting hues grab the audience’s attention. These will stand out from all the other mundane colors on the road and make your brand more noticeable to the customers.
- Big fonts make sure that people on the move and far away can decipher what is written on the vehicle. Preferably, the company’s signature shades, a prominent logo and any contact information is a great place to start. The only limit is your creativity!
Installing Custom Vehicle Wraps
Installation of a wrap for businesses can be a daunting task, especially for inexperienced people and that is why, it is preferred that one takes their vehicle to a professional. However, for ambitious people looking to start out, a few tips and tricks can go a long way in helping you get the perfect, smooth flawless finish.
- When preparing your car for a wrap you need to make sure that it is cleaned properly. You should make sure that there is no moisture as vinyl does not stick properly on wet surfaces. Similarly, any areas covered in rust should be smoothed beforehand.
- Some equipment that is essential when installing vinyl is a heat gun and a squeegee or a roller. When stretching the vinyl film over parts of the car, use a heat gun to activate the adhesion and make the vinyl stick firmly to the surface of the car. Use a squeegee to then smooth out any creases and air bubbles.
- Finally, conduct a final inspection to make sure there are no gaps or air bubbles in the vinyl as this can cause it to peel over time, ruining the entire look of your vehicle and business logo.
Best Vinyl Wrap Finishes For Businesses
The type of finish, color, pattern and design largely depends on the business and the brand image it wishes to promote. However, following are a few common types of vinyl wrap finishes that can be used to really elevate the look of your custom business designs.
1. Gloss Vinyl Wraps
Sleek, stylish vinyl that is available in a variety of different shades and hues, Glossy Vinyl wraps, are the most commonly used and are best for business advertising.
They feature a shiny finish that emphasizes the colors and create a stunning, eye-catching look that is sure to turn some heads on the road. Bright gloss colors work well with a neutral, dark colored car as it creates a contrast with a stunning, vivid outlook.
2. Matte Vinyl Wrap
Boast a bold, beautiful and sophisticated look with matte vinyl wraps that are available in a variety of different colors. Matte vinyl absorbs and diffuses light rather than reflecting it. It has a greater color consistency throughout and really helps bring out the fine intricate details of its surroundings.
The smooth texture creates a solemn dramatic tone. A plain textured outlook that exudes class and a contemporary style, Matte vinyl wraps are a great option to create a distinct look when creating a logo.
3. Chrome Wrap
A major attention grabber that will definitely draw eyes to your car on the road, a chrome vinyl wrap is the ultimate fashion statement that is very commonly used for businesses offering premium quality services or products.
It offers a diversity of shades however each features a glistening, silky smooth finish. It defines sophistication and elegance, and truly represents a luxurious feel. Chrome wraps, however, do cost quite a lot more than other vinyl wraps.
4. Color Changing Wraps
Color changing wraps, also known as pearlescent wraps, change color depending on the lighting and viewing angle. This can create a unique and stunning appearance for the brand logo or image that changes every time a customer looks at it.
How Much Does A Commercial Wrap Cost?
While the cost of a vehicle wrap depends on the type of vinyl used and the amount of area covered, a full car wrap can cost around $2000 to $6000 on average while a partial car wrap may cost around $1500. Smaller designs or spot graphics are even less expensive. This does not include the cost of printing on the vinyl wrap.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for a cost-effective alternative to reach out to more customers and leave a lasting impression, go for an advertisement on your vehicle. You can print your logo, tagline, graphics and much more to gain more customer traction and exposure. Get a premium quality vinyl, tailor it according to the needs of your business and add that definitive, customized touch to your vehicles now!