Posted by vinyl frog on November 28, 2022
20 Percent Window Tint
Bustling cities or towns where the sun is always shining can make your everyday commute uncomfortable. The heat, the noise, the glare and on top of all of that peering eyes can seriously distract you from driving as well. The solution to all these problems is simple a window tint is your knight in shining armor!
You may wonder what exactly getting a window tint entails? It refers to the lamination of a vehicle’s windows using film which in turn darkens it to a certain degree. This certain degree is known as Visible Light Transmission or VLT.
The higher the VLT percentage of the window, the higher the amount of light is allowed to pass through it. In this blog, we shall discuss in depth the pros and cons of getting a 20% window tint and if it is the right fit for you.
What Is A 20% Window Tint
A 20 Percent Window Tint only allows 20% of visible light to enter the vehicle and blocks out the rest. Hence, this tint is towards the darker end of the spectrum and illegal in most states in the US. So, it is not the ideal tint for most people. However, there are certain reasons, such as privacy for government officials due to security concerns, for which it is allowed.
The price of this tint can range from $100 to $800 depending on the size and number of the windows as well as quality of the tinting film being used.
Check with your state’s laws before going for 5% window tint or 20% window tint. Apply it only if it is allowed so that you are not given a ticket for having dark windows. If you travel to other states by road, make sure it is allowed there as well to avoid getting into trouble.
Advantages Of A 20% Window Tint
20 percent window tint is a great way to improve the look of your car while also providing some important benefits. Here are some of the advantages of 20 percent window tint:
- Improved privacy – A 20 percent window tint means extreme privacy to safeguard you and your valuables. For women driving alone, it also provides safety and decreases anxiety caused from people staring you down.
- Reduced glare - Glare from the sun can be a major distraction while driving. 20 percent window tint can help reduce the amount of glare inside your vehicle, making for a safer driving experience.
- Increased comfort - A 20% window tint is excellent for combating the heat and keeping harmful UV rays at bay. You will not have to come back to your car to have scalding seats waiting for you.
- Looks modern - In addition to the functional benefits of 20 percent window tint, it can also give your car an updated and stylish look due to the dark hued windows.
Disadvantages Of A 20% Window Tint
While 20 percent window tint may offer some privacy and protection from the sun, it does have its drawbacks.
- Firstly, 20 percent window tint makes it difficult to see out of your car at night. This can be especially dangerous when driving on unfamiliar roads or in inclement weather.
- Secondly, 20 percent window tint can make your car's interior quite hot, making it uncomfortable to drive during summer months.
- Finally, if you're stopped by police, they may require you to remove your window tint so that they can see inside your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
20% tint may not be the best choice for a common man. A 35% tint will suit you better if privacy is your concern. Finally, before tinting your windows, make sure to consult your state’s laws about the acceptable window tint percentage.