Posted By Vinyl Frog On January 21, 2023
Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap For Motorcycle
Vinyl wraps are a statement which endorses creativity, design and style. They offer a wide palette of amazing colors, imagination and innovation all mixed up and transferred on a film which can be applied on a vehicle. Apart from aesthetics, they also have protective properties which can help elevate the lifespan of the vehicle and also maintain its resale value. Some defensive features include protection against UV rays, minor chips and dings, road debris and corrosion.
The Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wraps
Carbon fiber vinyl wrap is a thin film which mirrors the style, touch and feel of the actual carbon fiber. This wrap defines the body of the vehicle making the sleek and sharp edges more prominent while enhancing the specific portion that is being wrapped. The weave pattern has a 3D effect which looks extremely eye-catching.
Carbon fiber is a sturdy vinyl that offers protection against scratches, dents and debris on the road. It is weather resistant and acts as a shield against rust, corrosion and UV rays. You can find multiple types of carbon fiber wraps; what we recommend is super carbon fiber vinyl wrap available at VInyl Frog.
Super Carbon Fiber VInyl
Widely appreciated by many, the Super Carbon Fiber wrap at Vinyl Frog has a sheen like no other. Due to the weave pattern, the film illuminates under natural light showing off a 3D texture. It provides for a unique and distinctive look that is flashy but brushed off at the same time.
Our super carbon fiber vinyl wrap is strong and durable with air release channels for a bubble free application. The adhesive used is pressure sensitive making it easy to adhere and reposition if needed. The vinyl film is flexible and allows the wrap to reach tight spaces and parts which are a bit hard to wrap. It can be applied as a full wrap or with other vinyl films in a mix and match fashion to create a unique design. You can also use the carbon fiber vinyl for partial wrapping.
Carbon Fiber Wrap For Motorcycle
Motorcycles are a fun project when it comes to vinyl wrapping. There are different parts that need to be covered if you are intending on wrapping the whole bike. It is also possible to wrap the motorbike in specific places depending on your vision towards the design and style.
On a motorcycle, mainly the fuel tank is the most important part which is visible as it occupies the most space due to the engine and gearbox being protected by the outer body. In patches or completely covered, the added benefit of wrapping the fuel tank is also safeguarding crucial electrical appliances. There is also the silencer, the handle bar, the mudguards and the back which is proportionally covered.
If you are interested in changing the original paint color, the best and cheaper alternative of repainting the bike is a vinyl wrap. Not only will the original paint be safe from scratches and deterioration but the inclusivity and diversity with different styles is easily accessible through vinyl wrapping. Protection properties also help save the body from harsh weather conditions that can directly affect the performance in the longer run.
How To Apply The Carbon Fiber Wrap?
This is completely dependent upon you. You can apply the carbon fiber vinyl all over the body of the bike or simply go for partial wrapping. A partial wrap covers between 25% to 75% of your motorcycle. It is totally dependent upon you which part you wish to wrap with the carbon fiber vinyl. You can only cover the fuel tank or just the fairing to get rid of the plastic effect.
The process is not lengthy if you are approaching a workshop. If this is a DIY project then it can be time consuming as applying the vinyl will be a little tough. It not only needs the right tools but an extra pair of hands as well for the correct and perfect placement of the vinyl on different parts of the motorcycle’s body. Plus you should have complete knowledge about applying vinyl on a vehicle and how to approach curves and contours. Following are the steps in a nutshell:
- In order to perfectly wrap the motorcycle with the carbon fiber vinyl, it is important that you disassemble it beforehand and then wrap each part one at a time.
- Clean the surfaces that are to be wrapped. The motorcycle should be free of dust, grease or any other contaminants otherwise the wrap will not adhere properly. Also repair all dents and rust to ensure smooth application.
- Measure each part separately and cut the vinyl sheet according to it with a little excess to wrap around the edges.
- Begin wrapping with flat surfaces and larger spaces. Stretch the vinyl just enough and wrap the complete part in a go. Apply pressure to keep the vinyl in place and remove creases using a squeegee.
- It is difficult to wrap curves and crevices on the motorcycle. Use a heat gun to secure them. In order to remove bubbles, if any, use an air release pen available at Vinyl Frog then smooth out the area with a squeegee.
- Fold in the edges of the carbon fiber wrap using a heat gun. Trim any extra vinyl using a blade.
- The last step is to seal the wrap using heat. This will make the adhesive of the carbon fiber wrap bond with the surface strongly.
Cost Of Wrapping A Motorcycle With Carbon Fiber Vinyl
The cost to wrap a motorcycle with carbon fiber vinyl can differ according to its size, the area that needs to be covered, and whether you have hired automotive professionals to do it or you are doing it yourself.
If it is a DIY job, it may cost a little less as you will only have to pay for the tools and the vinyl. However, only do so if you have the necessary expertise. For fully wrapping a motorcycle you will need approximately 10 feet of carbon fiber vinyl which may cost $169 at Vinyl Frog. If you hire automotive professionals, the complete wrap job might cost anywhere between $3500 -$4000. This will ensure flawless coverage using the best quality carbon fiber wrap.
How To Take Care Of The Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap
In order to ensure the longevity of the carbon fiber wrap that you have installed on your motorcycle, it is imperative to take care of it in the following ways:
- Keep the carbon fiber vinyl clean. Do not let dust, grease and other contaminants rest on it. Also avoid fuel spills on it. Clean them instantly with a microfiber cloth.
- Wash your motorcycle at least once a week with your hands using a mild non-abrasive detergent. Dry it after washing. Do not leave it damp.
- Do not use an air blower to dry the surface after washing the motorcycle. Use a microfiber cloth to do so.
- Avoid automatic car washes.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s Time To Wrap Your Motorcycle
Wrapping a bike can be a lot of fun. It represents your design process and also your artistic nature. It also saves unwanted costs such as visiting the mechanic on a frequent basis and repainting. A carbon fiber vinyl wrap is beautiful and would give your motorcycle a smooth, sleek and sharp look. Visit Vinyl Frog and check out our Super Carbon Fiber Vinyl to transform your ride!