posted by vinyl frog on September 14, 2022
The helmet is the most important protective gear, but why wear the same plain, monotone one like everyone else when you can personalize yours and, if you are quirky or artistic, make it an extraordinary piece of workmanship? Wrapping it with the vinyl of your choice is all that is needed.
The most generic form of head protection on the road or in sports is the traditional full-face helmet. These helmets, made up of plastic and composite materials, are essential for preventing brain and head injuries. Whether you’re a sportsman or a motorcyclist, wearing a helmet can significantly reduce impact force on the head and provide protection for the rest of your face as well.
Helmets, however, are progressing towards a commercial and stylistic appeal much like the rest of the world. Brands and people alike are looking to personalize their dull helmets into something more inspirational. That’s where helmet wraps come in!
Benefits of Wrapping a Helmet
The following are the benefits and uses of a vinyl wrap on helmets:
- The first and the foremost requirement is to take a quality wrap that is durable and long lasting. You can check out wraps available at Vinyl Frog.
- Before you start the application process, make sure that the helmet is clean, dry, and free from any contamination.
- For fully wrapping a helmet with vinyl, start at the top of the helmet and work down the middle.
- Lay down the vinyl on the helmet and smooth it down using your thumbs to remove creases and air bubbles.
- Push it into the crevices and keep moving from left to right.
- If the vinyl bunches up, peel back a little and put it again, smoothing it out.
- Remove hardware or tape it to avoid it ruining the wrapping process.
- Next, cut out your vinyl using an electronic cutter or scissors and align with where you want to put it.
- Remove the paper from the adhesive backing and apply to the helmet directly. If it is a heat activated vinyl, using a heat gun or blow dryer apply heat so vinyl will adhere.
- Lastly, with both vinyl wraps make sure the application is even and smoothed out to avoid tunneling and bubbling which will ruin the look of the helmet. Use a squeegee or your thumbs to do so.
- Trim the edges, reattach the hardware if you have removed any and you have your newly wrapped helmet.
Cost of a Helmet Wrap
Wrapping the helmet with vinyl is the most cost-effective way of transforming its outlook. The baseline cost is $300 and it can be as expensive as $2000 depending on different factors. The following variables affect the cost of the vinyl:
- The quality of the vinyl used. It is advised to always use high quality vinyl to get the best results.
- The size of the helmet and the complexity of the design. The helmets are of different sizes, shapes and designs, and that decides how much vinyl will be required affecting the overall cost.
- The kind of wrap you are opting for such as full wrap or a partial wrap. If you just want a decal then whether it is simple or detailed also affects the cost.
The Final Verdict
Helmet wraps are multi-purpose products with a wide range of benefits. In sports they have become essential and for motorcyclists, they are a way to stand out. These helmet wraps are perfect for any individual who is looking for unique designs and non-permanence. So what are you waiting for? Select the color and finish of you choice and wrap your helmet.