Posted By Vinyl Frog On April 14, 2023
How Much Does It Cost To Wrap A Jeep?
How much will it cost to wrap a jeep? This strong and sturdy vehicle is perfect for your off-road adventures and maintaining an everyday urban lifestyle. Vinyl wrapping is an easy alternative to transform its exterior and protect its surface from minor dents, scratches, and environmental damage. But what will you have to pay to wrap it?
The cost to wrap a jeep can Range From $1300 To $5000 for a standard wrap. This includes material and labor cost. If you want a customized full wrap, the cost can even go up to $10,000.
What Factors Determine The Cost Of Wrapping?
Jeep is a versatile, stylish, and capable ride that can handle a wide range of driving conditions. Vinyl wraps are the ultimate solution to customizing it. You wrap your jeep by adding to it any color, pattern, or design you like. Consequently, it appears exceptionally captivating and turns heads wherever you go!
If you are looking to spruce up your everyday and vacation companion, you will need to prepare a decent budget for it. The prices can differ, thus making it hard to provide you with an exact quotation without seeing it and understanding your needs. So what affects the cost of wrapping a jeep? The overall expense of wrapping it is influenced by different factors as mentioned below.
The Size Of Your Jeep
Depending on the size, the cost of vinyl wrap installation on a jeep may vary. Generally, the cost increases with the size of the vehicle since more material is required to cover it. Jeep Avenger is the biggest in length followed by the Renegade and Compass. Thus it will require more vinyl film increasing the cost consequently.
Design Of The Vinyl Wrap
The vinyl's design is another key aspect when determining the cost of wrapping a jeep. A more complex and sophisticated design will be more expensive, involve more installation work, and take longer. For example, installing split wrap requires more work than a monochrome full wrap so it will cost more. Hence, it is important to collaborate with a skilled expert who can assist you in coming up with a design that will fit within your budget and look terrific on your jeep.
Custom Vinyl Wrap
Certain vinyl wraps are simpler to manufacture than others. You should expect a higher cost if you want custom-printed vinyl for wrapping your jeep. Popular colors of vinyl include camouflage, black, and blue. It can also cost extra if the vinyl has glitter or a holographic color effect. Certain chrome and matte wraps are more expensive as well.
We, at Vinyl Frog, offer premium quality wraps that include exquisite finishes such as chrome, glitter, matte, carbon fiber and so on. There is no reason why you can't have fun with the color and print of the vinyl wrap, even if the wrap's main function is to protect the paint from scratches. Because premium quality vinyl wraps are pricey, choose a color and style that you love.
The cost of labor required to install the vinyl wrap on your jeep will depend on the complexity of the installation process and the experience level of the installer. The more intricate the details of the wrap, the more the cost of installation.
The cost of vinyl wrapping a jeep can also vary depending on the geographic location of the installer and the cost of living in that area. There is a higher price tag for this job in certain states than in others.
Additional Services If Needed
One of the most important factors is the work required to wrap the jeep. For instance, if it is highly customized or has complex curves and details, it will take longer and require more materials, leading to higher expenses.
The cost might be further impacted by additional services. For instance, the price will go up if you want graphics or letters added to your wrap. Also, the cost will differ if any services are required to remove the old vinyl before applying the new wrap.
DIY Jeep Wrap
If you are working on a tight budget and want to save some cash, you can wrap the jeep yourself. However, keep in mind that if this is your first time doing it, it might take a while. We advise you to look up a few videos to see what the procedure involves first. You will be able to visualize your plan of action in this way.
Also, keep in mind that you will have to store your jeep in the garage or shed until everything is done. Why? Considering that you will have to disassemble it and keep it clean throughout the procedure. You won't be able to use it during that period if it takes days.
Cost Of DIY Jeep Wrap
If you are wrapping the jeep yourself, the total cost can range from $150 to $1,300 or more, depending on multiple factors.
- Vinyl Wrap: The cost of vinyl can range from $100 to $1,000 or more depending on the type and color you choose.
- Tools and Materials: You will need some basic tools to wrap your jeep such as a heat gun, squeegee, IR thermometer and knife. You may also need additional materials like primer, cleaning solution, and masking tape. These tools and materials can cost anywhere from $50 to $300 depending on what you already have and the quality of the products you choose.
- Time: Vinyl wrapping a jeep is a time-consuming process that requires patience, skill, and attention to detail. The amount of time it takes will depend on your experience level and the complexity of the design. Be prepared to spend at least a few days or more to complete the project.
You’ll need approximately two rolls for a 2-door, soft-top Jeep Wrangler and closer to 3 rolls for a hard-top or larger 4-door Jeep Wrangler. If it’s your first time wrapping your jeep yourself, we’d suggest getting 3 rolls of wrap to be safe.
Cost Of Professional Jeep Wrapping
If you don’t have the expertise or time to wrap your jeep yourself or if you’re afraid of messing things up, paying a professional to wrap it is the best option for a flawless finish.
The benefits of consulting an expert include their advice. Before beginning the work, they should be able to provide you with assistance on the kind of wrap, the expected cost, and the time it will take to finish. They can also assist you in deciding between a partial and complete wrap depending on the type of your jeep and your budget. The process is also relatively faster, and the quality of the work will likely be better compared to a DIY.
For most standard finishes, getting a professional to install a vinyl wrap on your jeep will cost you between $1,300 to $5,000. The price can increase up to $10,000 if you choose chrome or custom finishes. It is important to note that this is a rough estimate, the price will vary according to the size of your jeep, the type of roof, how many doors, and the wrap that you choose.
Types Of Wrapping For Your Jeep
Wrapping your jeep is possible in two ways; one is a full wrap, and the other is a partial wrap
- Full Wrap: A full wrap will provide you with the greatest amount of coverage while protecting the paint on your jeep from UV radiation and damage. A complete wrap costs at least $2000.
- Partial Wrap: Partial wrapping is a budget-friendly way to get some of the advantages of complete wrapping. You can choose to only cover your jeep’s hood, top, wing mirrors or other exposed areas. This choice begins at $500.
How Much Vinyl Is Needed To Wrap A Jeep?
The amount of vinyl film required to wrap a jeep depends on its dimensions. This will affect the overall cost of wrapping it. Various models of jeep have different dimensions.
|Model||Dimensions (LxW)||Vinyl Wrap Required|
|Jeep Avenge||160.8" x 69.9"||55-59ft|
|Jeep Renegade||166.6" x 74.2"||55-59ft|
|Jeep Compass||173.4" x 71.5"||55-60ft|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee||193.4" x 77.4"||59-65ft|
|Jeep Wrangler||192.2" x 74.5"||59-65ft|
|Jeep Gladiator||220.1" x 74.5"||65-70ft|
These are just rough estimates. It's best to consult with a professional vinyl wrapping company to get an accurate figure based on your specific needs.
The Cost Of Different Vinyl Films For the Jeep
There are numerous options available in vinyl films with different finishes. They promise to completely transform your jeep making it a sight to behold on the road. At Vinyl Frog, we have the supreme quality wraps that will give you the best value for money. Here’s a detailed guide along with the cost of a 10ft roll for your jeep:
- Gloss Vinyl Wrap: This will give your jeep a shimmery facade. It is available in four variants: High gloss, super gloss, glossy white chameleon and glossy metallic. The cost of a 5ft x 10ft roll is $159. Glossy white chameleon costs $149.
- Matte Vinyl Wrap: This wrap has a completely muted surface without any shine. It will add an aura of mystery, intrigue and glamor to your jeep. The cost of a 5ft x 10ft roll ranges from $149-$159 depending on the color you choose.
- Metallic Vinyl Wrap: This has metal flakes that add an extra dose of shine. Your jeep will shimmer on the road like a gem. It is available in six variants: Glossy, candy, rainbow, glitter, matte and brushed metallic. The cost of a 5ft x 10ft roll ranges from $159-$169 depending on the color and variant you choose.
- Chrome Vinyl Wrap: This wrap is a world apart with a mirror-like reflective finish. It will add a look of opulence to your jeep making it stand out. In this category, it is available as mirror and opal chrome. There is also satin chrome that has a luscious silken finish that is smooth and lustrous. The cost of a 5ft x 10ft roll ranges from $159-$169 depending on the color and variant you choose.
- Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap: This is a textured wrap with the real carbon fiber look. It can be used on the exterior of the jeep as a partial wrap and in the interior cabin as well on the steering wheel, dashboard and so on. It is available in three variants: Super, classic black and spiral black. The cost of a 5ft x 10ft roll is $169.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since vinyl wraps are more convenient and cost-effective than paint, their popularity has increased dramatically in recent years. Whatever your motivation for covering your jeep may be, it is a secure and reasonably priced alternative to painting. If you decide to do it yourself, be sure to purchase all the required supplies and equipment and adhere to online tutorials.
If you plan on hiring an expert, browse around for quotes and request before-and-after images of previous projects. Before selecting one, be sure to read the evaluations of the various specialists. Now that you know everything about the cost of wrapping your jeep, you should be prepared. It's time to visit VInyl Frog and customize your ride so it stands out from the other vehicles on the road.