Posted By Vinyl Frog On April 12, 2023
JET SKI WRAPS
Vinyl wrapping the jet ski is gaining high traction amongst enthusiasts who want their cherished watercraft to be highly distinctive with a personal touch. Due to its quick and easy installation, and protective characteristics, it is considered to be the best solution for customization. It can transform your jet ski giving it a stunning new look according to your preferences. Let’s delve into everything you need to know about the exquisite jet ski wraps,
Reasons To Wrap A Jet Ski
Vinyl wraps are highly beneficial for any vehicle. This stands true for a jet ski as well. Here’s why you should get it wrapped:
When it comes to customisation, the sleek appearance of the jet ski matters. You do not have to opt for repainting as that might burn a hole in your pocket. A vinyl film can revamp the entire look in budget. It gives your jet ski a fresh, new facade and offers protection at the same time.
Variety In Finishes And Colors
Vinyl wraps add a spark to your jet ski with their multiple color choices and textures such as matte, metallic, glossy, carbon fiber, satin, and chrome. The best part about wrapping is you can take it off easily and reinstall another shade whenever you want.
You can also custom-design your wrap with different graphics and letterings. You can include race numbers, driver names, sponsors, custom art and graphics, and more. You can choose the designs and patterns you want online, and the shop will print up the vinyl for you. Unlike paint jobs, vinyl wrapping can be your go-to option if you are using it for advertising for some time as it can be replaced and changed.
Cost Effective Option
Vinyl wrapping a jet ski can be cost-effective. You can save about half or one-third of the cost of paintwork. You can easily change the look whereas paint jobs are permanent.
Maintains The Original Paint
If you want your jet ski to retain its original value then wrapping can be your best bet. The paint often starts to chip off or fade as it goes into the salt water regularly. With this in mind, people tend to wrap their jet skis to prevent sun damage or any other wear and tear. Additionally, it is quite easy to maintain as well. All you have to do is wash it with a gentle detergent. Avoid using pressure pipes and hoses as they can tear the edges of the vinyl.
Easy To Repair
Though vinyl wraps are sturdy and durable, they can still get damaged specially on a jet ski. If the one you installed is affected, it can easily be repaired. You do not have to take off the whole thing, just replace the panel that has borne the brunt. Many jet ski owners get their names or initials painted on the ride but they fade with time. Vinyl decals and letterings ensure longevity and are also easy to redo.
Paint and primer come with detrimental solvents and chemicals, along with toxic fumes and paint chips. A vinyl wrap is free from these hazards. It doesn’t demand anything but heat for installation and water and soap for maintenance. It is perfectly safe to use on a jet ski and does not endanger marine life.
Vinyl wraps are versatile as you can decide how temporary or permanent you want them to be. Not only their Installation is simple but also their removal. If you want to change the color to a new design within a year or opt for a different look with the change of seasons or the shows you enter or you’re ready for a graphics, logo, color or design update, you can always change the vinyl without causing any damage to the jet ski’s surface.
Types Of Jet Ski Wraps
A vinyl wrap gives you the liberty to choose the areas of the jet ski that you want to wrap. You can either opt for a full jet ski wrap or a partial one.
A full jet ski wrap allows you to cover the entire exterior of the ride. It can be designed with a variety of colors, patterns, and images, depending on the preferences of the owner.
A partial jet ski wrap covers only selected portions such as the hull, bow, sides, or even just certain accents or designs. This option allows for greater flexibility in terms of design, as specific areas can be highlighted or accented with different colors or patterns.
Color Options Available For Jet Ski
There is no dearth of colors when it comes to a jet ski. Every shade looks amazing as the amazing watercraft tears through the waves on a bright, sunny morning. At Vinyl Frog, we have the premium quality vinyl films available in an extensive range of colors to choose from. Following are some of the recommendations:
Rainbow Metallic Vinyl Wrap
This wrap is available in four beautiful colors. It has an iridescent shimmer that reflects like metal in the sun and presents a psychedelic play of different hues. Your jet ski will look truly mesmerizing in this wrap.
Glossy Vinyl Wrap
The glossy vinyl wrap shimmers like paint. At Vinyl Frog, it is available in three variants: high and super glossy and glossy metallic. There are many shades to choose from in this category. Take blue for instance, the brighter version of which looks simply amazing in the sea. Go for High Glossy MIami Blue, Glossy Metallic Deep Blue or Pearl Blue or Azure Blue. Other options are Super Glossy Sea Green, Super Glossy Maroon, High Glossy Rouge Red, HIgh Glossy Racing Yellow and Super Glossy Lavender Purple.
Glitter Metallic Vinyl Wrap
Imagine a jet ski with minute flecks of glitter gleaming in the sun speeding across the deep blue sea. What an ethereal sight! A glitter metallic vinyl wrap can make it possible. We recommend Glitter Metallic Diamond Gold Pink and Diamond Purple in this category.
Mirror Chrome Vinyl Wrap
This vinyl has a reflective finish like a mirror that will give a luxurious look to your jet ski as if it is a diamond floating in the sea. It is available in two colors: Mirror Chrome Silver and Gold. Both are highly alluring.
Matte Vinyl Wrap
If you don’t like a shimmery outlook and want to give your jet ski a muted appearance, go for the matte vinyl. For a royal facade, Matte Russian Violet is the best option. You can also go for Matte Black Purple or Black Olive vinyl wrap.
Once you have decided on the vinyl film, the next step is to gauge the cost of wrapping. Below is a brief lowdown.
How Much Does It Cost To Wrap Your Jet Ski?
The cost of wrapping a jet ski can vary depending on several factors such as the size of the jet ski, the complexity of the design, the quality of materials used, types of installation and the location and expertise of the installer.
Generally, the cost of wrapping your jet ski in basic solid color can range from $500 to $1500. A stand-up jet ski will be cheaper to wrap which will be anywhere around $300 to $600 whereas a sea-doo jet ski will cost around $400 to $1500 excluding labor. A more intricate design with graphics or patterns can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 or more.
Installing vinyl wrap on a jet ski can be a complex task. Making it watertight while avoiding air bubbles can be tiring. We recommend getting it done by a professional to ensure a lawless wrinkle-free installation though this might be expensive. If you plan to wrap the jet ski yourself, you can save a lot of money but you must have the necessary expertise, a proper place and a helping hand.
How To Wrap A Jet Ski?
In order to wrap a jet ski, you will need the following tools:
- Heat gun.
- Utility knife.
- Tape measure.
- A spray bottle with a 50-50 solution of alcohol to water.
- Several microfiber washcloths and towels.
- A clay bar to decontaminate the paint.
Once you have these ready, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Always prep and clean the surface of your jet ski before applying the vinyl to avoid any bubbles and tears. Use a microfiber cloth and a mild soap to clean and wipe it. After drying it, use a clay bar mixed with water to disinfect and degrease the paint. Preparing it also includes removing any previously installed graphics or emblems; repairing nicks and dents for a smooth surface, and removing any fittings so there may be no hurdles.
- Step 2: Next measure the parts of your jet ski that have to be wrapped using the tape. This way you can easily cut the wrap into manageable sections. Always add 2 inches extra to parts like hoods and edges as it needs stretching and pulling.
- Step 3: You will need to remove the backing from the vinyl and then place it on the surface of the jet ski. You can reposition the wrap if placed wrong. Do not overstretch it around curves.
- Step 4: Clear out any bubbles and wrinkles on the wrap using a squeegee. Starting from the center, work your way out.
- Step 5: Use a sharp utility knife to trim the excess vinyl around the edges. Be careful not to cut into the paint or gel coat of the jet ski.
- Step 6: Once the vinyl is in place, use a heat gun to apply heat to the vinyl and activate the adhesive. Do it evenly and gradually to avoid overheating and causing damage to the vinyl or the jet ski. If you see any bubbles or wrinkles in the vinyl, use a squeegee or your fingers to smooth them out.
- Step 7: Allow the vinyl to dry and cure for at least 24 to 72 hours before exposing it to water or other elements.
By following these steps, you can successfully apply vinyl to your jet ski and give it a custom look. However, if you're not confident in your abilities or don't have the right tools, it's best to seek the help of a professional vinyl wrap installer.
Points To Consider When Wrapping A Jet Ski
There are certain factors that you should take into consideration when wrapping a jet ski. These might affect the vinyl adversely and have to be taken care of:
- A jet ski is exposed to a lot more sun than a vehicle on the road. Sun can quickly damage your vinyl wrap. Make sure you have a proper storage place for your jet ski away from the damaging UV rays when not in use.
- Saltwater causes a lot of wear and tear. Repeated exposure to it can play havoc with the vinyl wrap. Once you are done using your jet ski, rinse it with fresh water to control the damage. Do not wipe clean salt water with a rag as this may scratch the vinyl.
- Sand is also abrasive and damages the vinyl wrap on your jet ski. Rinse it off as well after a ride.
- Transporting a jet ski can scratch the vinyl on it. Be very careful when loading and docking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vinyl wrapping a jet ski is the best option. It can make your watercraft stand out and be distinctive. However, do not forget to take precautions. When not in use, store your jet ski indoors if wrapped in vinyl as harsh UV rays can fade the color and cause tears. Wash it with fresh water after use to remove salt and sand. Visit Vinyl Frog to get premium quality, exquisite wrap for your jet ski. It’s time to revamp it!