Posted By Vinyl Frog On March 14, 2023
Vinyl Wraps For Honda Accord
Honda Accord, a luxurious midsize sedan with sport styling and improved acceleration, is perfect for an exhilarating ride. Whether you like the thrill of speeding or serenity of a long drive on the road, this hybrid powertrain will definitely deliver. Honda has been a household name for several decades now. It has spawned a total of ten generations of Accord with the first one released in 1976 as a three-door hatchback. The latest Honda Accord’s 10th generation checks all the boxes of styling, comfort and high performance while all its predecessors have been the best-selling cars of their times as well.
Nowadays, vinyl wraps are all the rage. Almost every other vehicle is swathed in the captivating film to transform its look and avail the protective benefits of vinyl. Getting your Honda Accord wrapped is one of the best decisions. Let’s delve into why you should opt for it and the various benefits of vinyl.
Advantages Of Wrapping The Honda Accord
One of the major reasons to get your Honda Accord wrapped is for aesthetic appeal. You might not get the color you like when buying the vehicle so in order to transform it according to your preferences, you can get it wrapped in vinyl. Vinyl adds a positive enhancement to the overall look of your car and helps you personalize it. But this is not the only reason why one should get the Honda wrapped, there are various other benefits as well such as:
- With a vinyl wrap you can protect the original body paint of your Accord. Vinyl acts as a second skin protecting the exterior from minor chips, dings, dents, road debris and scratches. When you remove the wrap, the impeccable and flawless original paintwork is unveiled and the vehicle does not lose its resale value. Slight damage to the paint will cost you money hence its preservation is important.
- The latest Accord has improved acceleration for thrill lovers on the road, or if you just want to go on a long trip, the vinyl might get damaged and you would want to replace or remove it altogether. Both options can easily be implemented because vinyl comes off without any hassle with the right tools. A good quality vinyl film does not even leave any residue behind. Hence you can change the look whenever you wish to.
- If you think your Honda Accord needs repainting, opt for wrapping it in vinyl instead. Applying paint on your sedan is a costly option that will be permanent. If you do not like the new look, you will not be able to do anything about it. The color, however, can easily be changed by installing the vinyl of your choice. You will not only be able to get your favorite shade on your car, it will not burn a hole in your pocket as well. You do not need a massive budget to get a new vinyl. Not only the color but you will also be able to get the finish of your choice whether you want glossy, matte, metallic or satin.
- Your Honda Accord deserves the best treatment due to its at-par features and great design. When you decide to transform its look to personalize it, vinyl wrapping is the way to go because with it, you are going to have infinite options not just in color but also in textures and finishes. Matte and glossy are the most commonly used vinyl films but we also have metallic, chrome and patterned sheets available at Vinyl Frog. You can make your Accord highly distinctive if the wrapped vinyl is chosen wisely, after a good survey of the market.
- The easiest way to make the vinyl last longer is by keeping it clean which is extremely easy. You do not have to frequently visit the automated car wash or apply any wax or polish on your vinyl wrapped Accord. This will save both time and money. You simply have to wash it at home with two buckets: one filled with mild detergent and the other, with clean water for rinsing. You will only need a microfiber cloth to wash and then later on, dry the vehicle.
How Much Vinyl Is Needed To Wrap The Honda Accord?
Ten generations of Honda Accord have been launched since 1976. They differ in size slightly hence the amount of vinyl needed will also be according to their dimensions. However, from the first generation till the sixth, 15-16 yards of vinyl will be enough. The seventh and eighth generations are a bit bigger in size so an extra yard will be needed.
The dimensions of ninth and tenth generations of Honda Accord are 192.2 inches length, 73.3 inches width and 57.1 inches height. In order to fully wrap the sedan, you will need 16-17 yards of vinyl wrap. For partial wrapping, you will have to measure the parts you want to wrap and order vinyl accordingly. These are just estimated figures. In order to ensure accuracy, it is better to consult an automotive vinyl expert.
What Is The Cost of Wrapping The Honda Accord?
When you calculate the cost of wrapping your vehicle, certain factors have to be considered like the quality of the vinyl that you are buying; what parts of your Honda will you wrap, whether it is a full or partial wrap, and will you hire an automotive professional to install your vinyl? According to a rough estimate, wrapping your vehicle professionally can cost anywhere between $1800 and $6000.
If you are planning to do it yourself, it can cost between $500 and $1000. We will not recommend installing the wrap yourself unless you have the necessary expertise and tools to do so. It requires a lot of patience and perseverance, plus an extra pair of helping hands as well.
Different Vinyl Color Options For your Honda Accord
Vinyl wraps give you numerous choices in terms of colors and finishes. There are many shades within a color family, some you might have never seen on a car before. This is what makes your vehicle distinctive on the road. Let’s have a look at the color and design options for your Honda Accord.
Glossy Metallic Bronze Orange
This is a classic shade that defies the norm and makes your vehicle a gem on the road. With glossy and metallic characteristics, it shines in all its glory making your Accord highly noticeable from afar. Your car will exude power but in its own subtle way.
Matte Russian Violet
Wrap your Accord in this unique shade of purple and add a royal touch to it. It is the right hue of violet that will make the Accord more alluring than ever. It is for those who do not like a lot of shine. The vinyl has a completely toned down, muted finish that absorbs light rather than reflecting it, adding an aura of mystery and intrigue to your Honda Accord.
Matte Metallic Pearl Blue
This is a bright shade of blue that looks truly amazing on a vehicle. It can be used as a full wrap on your Accord or as a split wrap with glossy black or carbon fiber on the hood and trunk in contrast with it. It combines the qualities of matte and metallic, hence has just the right amount of shine - neither too glossy nor completely muted. It adds a dose of sophistication to your Honda Accord.
Satin Chrome Silk Green
The Honda Accord is a luxurious car that will look extremely elegant in a royal satin silk green shade. Satin chrome wraps are an emblem of panache. They give the impression as if the vehicle is draped in soft silk. This is a dark hue that adds depth and dimension to the overall look.
Super Glossy Maroon
This color is one of the most captivating shades of red. A deep maroon that is highly mesmerizing, it will make your Honda Accord look straight out of a movie. Being high glossy in nature, it gleams when light falls on it making your car greatly noticeable and attractive on the road. Your Accord will definitely stand out in this shade.
Rainbow Metallic Majestic Dark Gray
This is a truly magical vinyl wrap with a psychedelic color shift. With a dark gray base color, It presents a play of different hues in light as if a rainbow has descended on the exterior of your Honda Accord. If you want to turn heads on the road, this is the vinyl you should opt for.
Glossy Pearl White
White has always been the favorite color of many. A white car looks extraordinarily fresh and vibrant. The pearl white shade is subtle and beautiful that will make your Accord the talk of the town.
Design Options In Honda Accord
Going for a full wrap is not everyone’s cup of tea. Some people want to add simple accents to their vehicle to make it different and distinctive. Following are some of the design options for your Honda Accord:
If you do not want to cover your Accord in vinyl from bumper to bumper, you can always opt for a partial wrap. In it, you simply cover some of the parts of the car in vinyl rather than the whole of it. These may include the hood, roof, bumpers, trunk or the wing mirrors. You may cover one of these or a combination of two or more parts. It is totally your prerogative how you want to design your car.
Carbon Fiber vinyl is mostly used for partial wrapping. It is a patterned wrap that mimics the carbon fiber weave. It looks amazing in contrast with the original color of the vehicle. You can also experiment with other colors but choose those that complement the shade of your vehicle or look good in contrast.
Decals For Your Honda Accord
If you do not want to go for a partial wrap, you can always opt for just the decals on the hood or on the front and back fenders. Decals cost even less than a partial wrap. You also have the option of getting your own favorite decals printed on a vinyl film to personalize the look of your vehicle. They are easy to apply and maintain as well. Some of the common decals include stripes, flames, abstract designs or geometric patterns.
Split Wrap For Honda Accord
Another design element that you can install on your Honda Accord is split vinyl wrapping. It involves fully covering the vehicle but in two contrasting shades of vinyl. You can choose the contrast that you like best, making your car an extension of your personality. Some of the combinations with carbon fiber vinyl or high glossy paint black vinyl are glossy metallic pearl blue, glossy metallic vampire red or matte metallic pearl yellow. Another unique contrast is glossy metallic coal ash and candy metallic neon green.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get the Best Vinyl For Your Honda Accord
Vinyl wrap is the best solution to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your Honda Accord and offer its original paint protection against minor damages. You can choose from a plethora of unique colors and designs that are available. You can even get your own design printed on a vinyl to personalize the look. Visit the Vinyl Frog website now to get your hands on the supreme quality wraps and add rolls of your favorite shade to the cart. Your Honda Accord deserves an upgrade!