Posted By Vinyl Frog On August 25, 2023
Vinyl Wraps For Audi
One of the most popular brands in the automobile industry is Audi. It is internationally lauded for its superior quality, smoothness, and distinctive designs. An Audi is truly in a league of its own which is why it is one of the most top selling brands.
If you happen to have invested in or planning on buying an Audi, you must be wondering how to keep the car’s initial luxurious look intact. The answer is simple: you need to get it vinyl wrapped. This blog provides an extensive guide on this subject so you can preserve your Audi’s exterior properly and quickly. So, let’s get into it!
Benefits Of Wrapping Your Audi
With a car as precious and expensive as an Audi, you will obviously want to keep it looking its best. For that reason, vinyl wrap is the perfect addition to your vehicle as it acts like a protective barrier. Following are some of the benefits of wrapping your Audi:
- The wrap will keep the original paint of the car intact.
- Your Audi will be free from scratches, dirt and debris.
- UV rays and unpredictable weather can cause your car paint to fade which is why having a wrap is important.
- These factors will lead to increased resale value as the car will appear as good as new.
- In addition, wraps provide a multitude of opportunities to further beautify and upgrade your car.
- The best part is that car wraps can be easily replaced so you can debut a brand new car wrap every year while maintaining the same car!
- It gives you opportunities to be creative. You can mix and match and experiment with the extensive variety of car wraps available at Vinyl Frog.
Measurements Of An Audi
The average car requires around a 25-foot roll of 60-inch wide vinyl wrap. However, here we are talking about Audis. The amount of vinyl wrap needed varies in different sizes for each model of Audi. For example, smaller and mid-sized Audis such as the models A3, A4, A5, and A6 can be fully wrapped with 50 to 65 feet of vinyl which is approximately 15 to 19.8 meters of vinyl, whereas full-sized Audis like the A7 and A8 may need 65 to 75 feet (19.8 to 22.9 meters) of vinyl wrap.
Almost all parts of an Audi can be covered with vinyl including brakes, door handles, front and rear diffusers and even the radiator grill! When it comes to wrapping different parts of an Audi, covering its smaller sections takes up less material compared to the bigger parts. However, smaller parts may be trickier and more time consuming.
The best way to measure how much wrap is needed to cover your car is to calculate the length of your Audi and multiply it with 3 (for the two sides and the top of the vehicle from front to back) + extra for bumpers and mistakes (5’ to 15’). It is always a clever option to buy extra wrap in case of errors or wrong measurements.
Average Cost to Wrap Audi
Pricing for each model of Audi differs and mostly depends on the size, what type of vinyl wrap you choose to buy and how you install it. According to a professional, wrapping an Audi can start at about $6500 and go up from there which is pricey in comparison to other cars.
For the Audi A3 and A4 series, since they come under the small-sized car category, the average vinyl wrap costs around $3750 - $4125. Whereas for Audi A6 series, which comes under the category of mid-sized cars, the cost would start from anywhere around $4500 - $4875. This is just an estimation of the cost of the wrap exclusive of labor cost. The better the quality of the wrap, the higher the price would be. For more knowing about how much does it cost to wrap a car check our blog.
There are so many options for car wrapping in terms of color and finish and Vinyl Frog has them all! Our range boasts top of the line vinyl wraps composed of the highest quality materials that are sure to take your Audi to the next level.
Your Audi deserves the best and we at Vinyl Frog understand that which is why we have come up with a list of options that will suit your car the best.
- Metallic Wraps: These wraps mimic the sheen and sleekness of actual metal. It is a popular choice for car wraps and is sure to make your Audi stand out. Moreover, there are 6 categories within metallic wraps: glossy, glitter, matte, candy, brushed and even rainbow! Rainbow and glitter metallic wraps are for those people who wish to be the talk of the town in their exuberant Audis.
This range possesses the most innovative color schemes including Glossy Metallic Black Rose which will provide a sophisticated yet stylish look to your Audi. You can also push the boundaries on what is considered an appropriate color for a car and opt for the out of the box Candy Metallic Neon Green Vinyl.
- Gloss Wraps: Gloss wraps are exactly like the original paint of the car which is smooth and shiny. Not only that, but this range has many exciting colors from pastels like Baby Pink and Glacier Blue to bright Orange and Ferrari Red. These hues are rare to find anywhere else and allow you to adorn your Audi in striking glossy shades.
- Chrome Wraps: Chrome possesses its own distinctive shine that almost makes it look like a mirror. At Vinyl Frog we provide 3 options in this range. The Mirror Chrome category has a highly reflective appearance that will make your Audi shine during the day. It gives your car a futuristic look, so it looks straight out of a sci-fi movie!
The Satin chrome offers a classy and silky finish. Our top picks are the Satin Chrome Metallic Gray Wrap and the Silk Champagne Gold Wrap. If you are feeling adventurous, the iridescent Opal Chrome wrap category is the one for you.
- Matte Wraps: Matte wraps are the most up and coming trend especially when it comes to luxury cars. Adding a chic Matte Black wrap to your Audi will take the luxury look to new heights. There is nothing quite like a smooth and sleek wrap. We offer many colors in this category including Russian Violet, Pearl White, Hunter Green and much more.
- Carbon Fiber: These wraps are a fairly new trend in the wrapping market. It has a textured appearance similar to carbon fiber and looks like the real deal. This is a rare wrap so if you want your Audi to look unique this is a great option.
The great thing about vinyl wrap is that you do not have to get your entire car covered. You can get a partial wrap which means only a certain part of the car will be draped. If you are not willing to spend big bucks on customization, you can opt for decals or partial wrapping. Not only are these cost effective options but allow you to embrace your creative side.
- Vinyl Decals: Want to make your Audi look uber cool and funky? Invest in vinyl decals and stickers. You can come up with almost any design your heart desires and place it on your car. Whether you want flames on the side doors or a funny one liner on the back mirror, all of that is possible with vinyl wrap. Choose whatever you think encapsulates your personality and car the best and customize it.
- Patterned Wraps: If you are extremely daring and audacious, you must look into patterned wraps for your Audi. You can add animal print or cool geometric designs as a wrap. Moreover, you can customize your own wrap or even imitate popular art to come up with something special.
Frequently Asked Questions
Personalizing your Audi is a wonderful choice for increasing both the protection and aesthetic appeal of your coveted ride. Hopefully, this blog has helped you make up your mind about which wrap to get and answered most of your questions. For more information contact a professional.