Posted By Vinyl Frog On January 09, 2023
Graphic Vinyl Wrap For Cars
With vinyl wraps, the sky's the limit as everyday new avenues for innovation are opening up. The most exciting out of which has to be the graphic wraps. Most people opt for vinyl in new shades or even finishes, yet they rarely venture into graphics. This is because these wraps are for risk takers and head turners of the road.
Even within this category there are numerous options to explore and create bold and brilliant vinyl designs. You can add graphic vinyl wrap to your trucks, motorcycles, and cars to have the most memorable ride in town! If you are wondering how you can add some funk into your daily commute, keep reading to find out.
Why Should You Get Graphic Vinyl Wrap?
This one of a kind wrap has multiple benefits that can easily persuade you to head to your nearest vinyl store. Here’s why you should opt for a graphic vinyl wrap:
- Firstly, the most obvious reason is the visual appeal and rarity of graphic wraps. They are highly coveted and not something you see on the roads every day. If you are looking for something unique and different from the monochrome vinyl films available nowadays, this is the perfect choice.
- Secondly, as with any wrap, this will offer you protection from UV rays, scratches, stains, dirt, and debris. These wraps are also comparatively cheaper than paint and removable. So, if you feel like switching out your wrap, you can do so without any hassle.
- The main reason people have started using graphic vinyl wrap is due to its advertising ability. It acts like a mobile billboard that grabs attention wherever the vehicle goes. If you have a business and you want to gain high viewership and more customer outreach, advertising through graphic vinyl is the solution.
Ways To Install Graphic Vinyl Wraps
There are various ways in which you can apply graphic vinyl to your vehicle. Let’s look at some options:
Full Graphic Wrap
As the name suggests, a full wrap means covering the entire body of the vehicle in gorgeously illustrated graphics. Since this type of wrapping requires the most vinyl, it is also the most expensive and costs around $2500- $3500. However, prices may vary due to the size of the vehicle.
Partial Graphic Wrap
Partial wrap means covering only a section of your vehicle. This can be the doors, handles, bumpers, side mirrors, roof, hood or anything you desire. The price of partial wrapping is approximately $600-$1900. This type of wrap allows you to mix and match with the existing car paint. It is great for people who do not wish to spend a lot as well. Most of the time, partially wrapped vehicles are used for marketing purposes.
Graphic Decals And Stickers
This option is by far the cheapest and only costs around $175-$500. You can simply print out a graphic vinyl sticker and add it to your car. These decals could be anything your heart desires from logos to quotes and even pictures. Flames, skulls, and vectors are all the rage these days.
Types Of Graphic Vinyl Wrap
Graphic vinyl wrap is a pretty vague term, and it entails a lot of variety. We will be exploring the multiple types of graphic vinyl available.
Have you ever seen those cool camouflaged cars cruising down the road and wondered how you can achieve that look? Well, patterned wraps are the answer. You can upgrade your vehicle’s look using camo and animal prints. Beware! These wraps are definitely not for people who do not like grabbing attention.
An ideal way for companies and businesses to get their brand name and logo out there is by using graphic wraps. They can simply add brand logos and colors onto their fleet of vehicles. Just imagine the number of potential customers you can reach in a day using a logo on a vehicle! Not only is this an excellent marketing strategy that has been utilized by global brands, but it is also a cost effective alternative to billboards. You can also use graphics for campaigns, fundraising or for getting the word out on any crucial matter.
Vectors refer to geometric shapes, lines, points, and curves that can be printed onto vinyl to create vector graphics. These are extremely popular as you might have seen them on sports cars and other vehicles. Stripes and lines are always a good option if you want to play it safe yet add some unique aspect to your car. This particular category has loads of variety and you can experiment with shapes and sizes as well. Different color combinations with edgy vector graphics can create something truly magical when paired together.
For more complex designs and imagery, raster graphics are used. These consist of a multitude of pixels to create a design. This allows more room for creativity and you can get almost any design and image on your wrap. Galaxy, spray painted and more intricate wraps are all raster graphics.
If you cannot find what you are looking for or prefer something more personalized, you can opt for custom wrap. These wraps are completely tailored to your requirements to make sure you have the perfect fit for your vehicle. However, due to their attention to detail and being completely made for the customer, they cost a lot more than your average graphic vinyl wrap. Most wrapping professionals offer services for creating, printing, and applying the custom wrap all in one go. These services cost approximately $3000-$5000.
How Do Graphic Wraps Help Market Your Business?
Graphic wraps are ideal for advertising your business. They enhance public outreach and are highly beneficial in the following ways:
- They help build brand awareness and increase sales.
- Advertisements on vinyl installed on vehicles are seen by many people at once.
- They are more eye-catching and help lure potential customers. With your contact details on them, people can reach out to hire your services or buy a product easily.
- They are extremely cost effective especially if you are planning to launch a new campaign or you have just started your business.
- Vehicle graphics are a form of mobile advertising. Your business logo might not be visible on the side of a building, but if your vehicle is stuck in a traffic jam, many people will see it. It will leave a lasting imprint on their memory.
How Can I Design My Own Graphic Wrap?
You can transfer the design of your choice on a vinyl wrap. This will personalize the look of your vehicle and it will have a one-of-a-kind appearance that no one else has. The first and foremost step is to think of an idea that you want transferred on the vinyl wrap.
Next, you will have to take the design to an automotive vinyl professional to add life to it. There are companies who can make your dream design come true. Once you are satisfied with the soft copy of your design that it is identical to what you perceived, a mock-up of it is created. This is a visual representation of the idea. You can see on the computer how your design will look on your vehicle. This is a very important tool as it gives you a fair idea whether it will actually look good or not.
Upon seeing the mock-up, you might want to tweak the design a bit or get some colors changed. This is the last stage where you can do so. Once the design is finalized, it is sent for printing on the vinyl in the best resolution and appearance.
After your vinyl is printed, it is ready to be wrapped on your precious set of wheels. Designing your own graphics can be expensive but for enthusiasts, it is highly rewarding and satisfying because it is as if they have created a great masterpiece.
How Do I Take Care Of Graphic Vinyl Wrap?
If you are looking to increase the lifespan of your graphic wrap, there are a few precautions you can take while maintaining it.
- Firstly, when cleaning the car use microfiber cloth and mild soap. Wash off the contaminants. Do not let them stay, otherwise they get difficult to clean.
- In order to avoid water spotting, use a silicone squeegee to remove water then dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Do not go to a car wash or do a pressure wash as both of these methods can harm the wrap. Brushless car washes can be used but it is better to wash your graphic vinyl wrapped vehicle with hands.
- It is advised not to use harsh chemicals for cleaning as well. Use a non-abrasive mild detergent.
- If you see a stain or spill on the car, clean it immediately. Fuel spills have to be taken care of immediately. Wipe them off immediately. Wash, rinse and dry the area.
- If there are difficult contaminants on your vinyl such as bug splatter, bird droppings, tree sap and others, soak them for several minutes with warm, soapy water. When they get loose, remove them with a soft cloth, then rinse and dry the area. Do not let these contaminants stay on your vinyl. Do not scrub them either as this might damage the vinyl. Be gentle.
- Do not use wax on your car as it does not suit vinyl wraps.
- In order to drastically increase the longevity of your wrap, proper storage is highly imperative. Dew can damage the wrap at night. Simply parking your vehicle in a garage away from harmful UV rays and unpredictable weather can increase the lifespan of your wrap by years. During daytime, try to park in a shaded area. You can also invest in a car cover.
- If your graphic vinyl wrap appears to be sun baked or discolored, remove it immediately to avoid damaging the paint of the vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Graphic vinyl wraps are a wonderful option for adventurous people. They can perfectly encapsulate an outgoing and daring personality and transform your daily commute. A vehicle with a graphic vinyl wrap is sure to be a cut above the rest and has numerous benefits, especially for advertisers. If graphic vinyl wraps sound like the perfect fit for you, definitely give them a try!