Posted By Vinyl Frog On February 28, 2023
Vinyl Wraps For Corvette
1953 cemented an important landmark in the American automobile industry known as the Chevrolet Corvette. This widely recognized two-seater vehicle is often called the ‘American Sports Car’ as it is one of a kind. Boasting dynamic performance, speed, and a sleek exterior, it makes sense why it has maintained its charm throughout the years.
A car that has many people’s hearts set on it deserves to be well maintained. What better way to do that than to invest in a vinyl wrap. If you happen to own the dreamy Corvette, read below for a comprehensive guide on how you can wrap your sportscar.
Why Should I Wrap My Corvette?
Apart from maintenance, there are uncountable reasons why you should get your Corvette wrapped. The first one being protection. When you are cruising down the road, your car is exposed to many elements that can potentially harm it. UV rays can cause fading of the paint dirt and debris can cause scratches while rain and many other things can cause stains. A vinyl wrap offers the perfect counter against all of this and protects your paint. This in turn will keep your car’s resale value intact.
Moreover, if you want to spice things up instead of just getting a simple coat of paint, vinyl wraps offer a tremendous amount of variety. You can add decals, funky colors, and designs to your Corvette to make it stand out from the rest. It is a simple and effective way to beautify your vehicle and way cheaper than a paint job. You can invest in your car and save up at the same time!
What is more is that if you get bored of your wrap you can easily remove it and apply a new one without any issues. Whether you want a wrap for aesthetics or protection, vinyl films are guaranteed to be worth the money.
How Much Vinyl Is Needed To Wrap a Corvette?
Since the Chevrolet Corvette is a car that has been around for ages, it has 8 different generations. Each generation has new and improved models, and we shall be looking at some of the latest ones.
- C6: One of the older but still widely used models of the Corvette, the C6 is sleeker than its previous generations. The length is 175 inches and width 72.6 inches. It requires 15 yards to cover and 5 yards for a partial wrap.
- C7: This model is a tad bit bigger than the C6 with new and improved features. It is approximately 177 inches in length and 74 inches in width. 15 yards of wrap will suffice for a full wrap and 5 yards for a partial one.
- C8: The newest addition to the Corvette series, it is made up of the latest technology and offers a ride like no other. The dimensions of this vehicle are 182.3 inches in length, 76 in width and 48.6 in height. You need approximately 15 yards to fully wrap it up.
Do note that you might need a little extra vinyl to cover corners and to make up for mistakes. Talk to a professional about the specifications of your vehicle and the amount of vinyl required so you have a smooth application process.
Cost Of Wrapping A Corvette
The cost of a vinyl wrap consists of many determinants and therefore, it differs from vehicle to vehicle. The size of the car, type, and quality of the wrap, along with whether you choose to get professional services or planning to wrap It yourself all contribute to the final price. For a Corvette, you can expect to spend $5000 and upwards for a good quality wrap. However, you can find subpar wraps and services for $3000 and upwards.
The area and place from which you get application done is also a major factor. One thing to keep in mind is that you should not compromise on the quality of the vinyl especially when it comes to a Corvette as it can cost you later on and will turn out to be a waste of time and finances.
Best Vinyl Wraps For Corvette
Vinyl Frog offers high grade polymeric vinyl calendered film in a wide range of hues. Since your Corvette is one of the best automobiles available, it deserves the best possible wraps as well. Our vinyl films are flexible and repositionable making them extremely easy to wrap. They also have a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive which makes them incredibly durable and long lasting.
If you cannot seem to pick a color from our catalog, here are a few options that can enhance the appearance of your Chevrolet Corvette.
- Glossy Metallic Indigo Blue: Mimicking the starry night sky, this metallic wrap dazzles any surface it touches. Cruise down roads with the metallic flakes sparkling in the moonlight and leave people looking in awe. The added luster of the glossy finish makes it a great addition to your Corvette.
- High Glossy Jade Green: A sophisticated pastel color, Jade Green has much to offer your precious ride. With a captivating high glossy finish, you will be the talk of town. A shade like this is hard to come by so if you want a unique look, you should definitely opt for this wrap.
- Satin Chrome Chocolate Cosmos Red: If you are looking to make your luxurious experience even more lavish then this delectable satin chrome wrap with a rare chocolate red shade is the perfect match for your Corvette. Silken chocolate brown hue would look divine on the contours of your ride and make for a thrilling combination.
- Opal Chrome White: This is the vinyl for those who love to defy the norm and will not shy away from mesmerizing the onlookers leaving them in a trance. It has a highly reflective silvery finish with an iridescent shimmer that presents a play with vibrant hues when viewed in light from different angles. Your Corvette will surely become the most famous vehicle of the town in this wrap.
- Matte White Gold: White is a timeless hue that looks alluring on any car. However, Vinyl Frog takes it up a notch by introducing gold accents. The matte finish adds a classy touch while the gold gleams and glistens in the light. Your Corvette will look elegant and fashionable in this opulent matte white shade.
- Super Carbon Fiber: Carbon fiber offers a modern take on traditional vinyl wraps. It has a textured appearance mimicking the look of a high performance sports vehicle which suits the Corvette well. This vinyl is mostly used for partial wrapping in combination with other bright colored films. If you wish for your car to emit futuristic vibes than go for this wrap.
- Two-Tone Vinyl Wrapping: A Corvette wrapped in two contrasting shades of vinyl looks simply awesome. With its sleek body and high speed along with an amazing design on the exterior, it will definitely steal the show on the road. The color combinations that work best are glossy metallic azure blue and matte metallic pearl black; candy metallic neon green and matte black, and glossy metallic dragon blood and super glossy piano black.
Other Options For Your Corvette
Have you still not found anything that suits your preferences? Wait, there are plenty more options. One of them is partial wrapping, which refers to only covering a segment of the vehicle with vinyl. This may be the roof, doors, side mirrors or bumper. Partial wrapping is an inexpensive and subtle way of upgrading your Corvette. You can mix and match with the existing paint of your car or add some decals.
Decals and vinyl stickers are the cheapest option and only cost a few hundred bucks. You can add any choice of sticker from flames, flowers, skulls, posters, or funny quotes. Moreover, patterned wraps are also gaining popularity as they add vibrance to cars. You can go for graphic, geometric, camouflage or even animal print ones for your Corvette.
Another great alternative for the creative soul is custom wraps. You can personalize your very own wrap using your choice of color palette, text, and images. As long as it is not copyrighted, you can add anything. However, making your own wraps will cost you way more than getting a premade one. This is due to the fact that designing and printing a wrap is a labor intensive project.
Frequently Asked Questions
All in all, the best companion for your Chevrolet Corvette is a wrap from Vinyl Frog. With so many benefits and barely any drawbacks, it is a steal deal. Get your vinyl from us today and enjoy exclusive offers and discounts!