Posted By Vinyl Frog On May 31, 2023
Vinyl Wraps For Laptops
Vinyl wraps are a great customization option for laptops that give you the liberty to flaunt your likes and preferences. A wrap is an exquisite piece of film that significantly enhances the aesthetic appeal of your most important device and depicts your personality.
Laptop wraps are highly versatile and are not only to please the eye. Since laptops are used every day for more than 10 hours, they deserve premium protection. Wraps form a protective shield around them against harsh environmental elements. Let’s explore the world of laptop vinyl wraps and their diverse advantages.
The Benefits Of Laptop Wraps
1. Protects The Laptop
Laptops are quite expensive. For some, they are highly important, serving as their whole workspace. A vinyl wrap protects the laptop from scratches, scuffs and other small damages. It bravely faces the hazard, keeping the backside of your laptop screen in pristine condition.
2. Easy To Replace And Remove
In case you are not happy with the final outcome of your laptop wrap or it is not in a good condition anymore having faced the detrimental elements quite often, you can easily replace it with a newer wrap or remove it completely from your laptop. The exterior of your device underneath will be as good as new. Removing vinyl wrap from a laptop is hassle free and leaves no adhesive residue behind if it is a premium quality film.
3. An Affordable Pick
At times, you simply want to change your laptop because it doesn't look good anymore and has all those scratch marks. There is no need to make that expense when you can completely change its appearance with a premium quality vinyl wrap. It is an inexpensive makeover, even as low as $20, that will make your device extremely captivating to look at.
4. Numerous Customization Options
Getting a vinyl wrap for your laptop will make it more appealing. There are numerous options available in colors, designs and finishes. You do not have to settle for the basic solid shades only. You can get different patterns, textures and designs, and you can even get a pattern or picture of your choice printed on your laptop skin.
If you don’t want the backside of your laptop screen to be fully covered, you can get vinyl stickers only for embellishing. These, however, do not provide any protective benefit. Laptop stickers can also be customized as per your taste and desire.
How Do I Choose The Right Laptop Wrap?
No Compromise On Quality
If you want to gain all benefits of a laptop wrap, do not settle for the cheap, low quality vinyl. It may look good initially and you might think you have got the best bargain, but it will cost you more in the long run as it might fade and get damaged quickly, and even leave adhesive residue behind when removed. Look for reputable brands or consult with professionals to ensure you are investing in a product that will maintain its appearance over time.
Design And Style Of The Wrap
Take into account the overall appearance you wish to create. To select a vinyl wrap that suits your unique preference, experiment with various colors, textures, patterns, and even custom designs. If you already have a design in mind, translate it onto a software so you may get what you want printed on the vinyl film.
When you buy a laptop wrap or skin, It is important to ensure it has an excellent adhesive. The wrap should not only adhere firmly to your device but also peel off easily without leaving any residue. If the adhesive is not good, the vinyl wrap will not last long on your laptop. High-end wraps often use specialized adhesives, while low-end ones may use inferior quality.
It is imperative to thoroughly go through product descriptions and reviews before buying a vinyl wrap for your laptop to make sure you get one with a reliable adhesive.
Get The Right Size
If you are getting a pre-cut vinyl wrap for your laptop, make sure it is of the right size. This will not be an issue if buying a vinyl roll as you can cut the sheet yourself according to the size of your laptop. When opting for the former, measure the length and width of your laptop in inches and only look at wraps that fit your device’s measurements. Different laptop models have different sizes. Measure your laptop yourself to be on the safe side.
If you have bought a vinyl wrap roll for your laptop, taking dimensions of your device is all the more important as you will have to make accurate cuts according to the size.
Check The Reviews
It is important to check the reviews of the product and the company you are buying the laptop wrap from. If the other customers have had good experiences, then you can also purchase the wrap from them.
Different Color And Design Options In Laptop Wraps
If you do not like a pictorial facade and want to keep it simple, you can choose a solid color for wrapping your laptop in vinyl. Monochromes give a clean and refined appearance to your laptop. They come in different finishes and can give your laptop an exquisite makeover.
- Glossy: This has a shimmer that makes it a truly outstanding laptop wrap. There are many colors available in it. It is offered in two variants: High glossy and glossy white chameleon. Glossy white chameleon is two toned. It changes shades when light falls on it from different angles.
- Metallic: This has high, metal-like sheen. It is available in a plethora of intense shades that are quite eye catching, perfect for a laptop wrap. It is offered in six different series: Glossy, candy, rainbow, glitter, matte and brushed metallic. If you love a burst of vibrance, go for the candy metallic shades in this category.
- Chrome: This is an amazing vinyl wrap for your laptop adding a zing to the overall look of the device. At Vinyl Frog, it is available in three variants: mirror, opal and satin chrome. Mirror and opal chrome have a specular finish. They gleam brilliantly in light. They will make your laptop look as if it is from another planet. Satin chrome is a totally different story. With a subtle sheen, this wrap will make your laptop look as if it is draped in pure silk. It is available in many luscious shades and is for those who would love to add a touch of glamor and sophistication to their laptop.
- Matte: These wraps have an understated look with no shine at all. They add depth and dimension to your laptop enhancing its bodyline. If you do not like flashy, shimmery wraps, matte vinyl is the one made for your laptop. Matte wraps are also available in a number of colors. Choose the one that you like best from the selection at Vinyl Frog.
- Carbon Fiber: This is a wrap with a unique carbon fiber pattern that looks like the real thing. It is black in color with the patterns differing slightly such as at Vinyl Frog, we have weave black, spiral, forged, classic and others.
Designs Inspired By Nature
Someone who finds solace in the waves of the sea or the layered hues of the clouds in the sky, would love to have laptop wrap inspired by the natural beauty around. Add a touch of nature to your gadget, select vinyl wraps with floral motifs, scenes from nature, or images of animals.
These are for individuals who want symmetry and balance in everything. Geometric patterns in vinyl wraps for laptops never go out of style. Use wraps with detailed and multicolored shapes and linear designs to embrace the trend of geometric forms.
If you are a Picasso fan or love Starry Nights by Van Gogh, you can get it as your laptop wrap or skin. Watch the amazing pieces of art day in and day out as you work tirelessly on your laptop. You can easily get vinyl wraps with your favorite artwork from your most beloved artists. These wraps include artistic images, abstract patterns and well-known painting replicas.
Getting laptop wraps with pictures of superheroes and their logos displayed proudly is the new fad. Especially for youngsters, these wraps are a must-have, may they be of Batman, Superman, Flash or any other character with an extraordinary ability. No matter which superhero is your favorite, whether he or she is from Marvel or DC, you can get quite a variety of laptop wraps in this category.
If you are one of those who do not like what everyone is carrying and aim for uniqueness and distinction, this is the option for you. You can get a custom vinyl wrap for your laptop with your own design, brand, or artwork. There is no limit as far as colors and patterns are concerned. Come up with a design and get it transferred on a printable vinyl sheet. Apply it on your laptop and earn praise for a skin that no one has!
How Much Vinyl Do I Need For My Laptop?
Laptops come in different sizes. You buy the one that best suits your needs. The most common screen sizes are 11.6 inches, 12 inches, 13.3 inches, 14 inches, 15.6 inches, and 17 inches. If you are getting a vinyl roll, a 5ft x 3.28ft one will be more than enough giving you margin for errors and mishaps. If you are getting a specific size, go for a 24-inch by 48-inch sheet.
How To Install The Laptop Wrap?
- Prepare the Surface: Clean and prepare your laptop's surface by removing any debris, dust, or other particles. This will ensure strong adhesion and the longevity of the wrap.
- Measure and Cut the VInyl: Accurately measure the size of your laptop and cut the vinyl wrap, leaving a few inches extra on each side.
- Apply the Film: Begin by slowly removing the release liner of your wrap and applying it to one side of the laptop’s surface. Any air bubbles or creases can be removed with a squeegee or a credit card.
- Trim and Finish: After the vinyl wrap has been applied, use a sharp blade or knife to carefully trim any extra material. Pay close attention to any fine details, such as the corners and edges.
While installing vinyl wraps on laptops can be a DIY project, getting expert help will guarantee a perfect and accurate job. Many professionals are available who specialize in flawlessly installing vinyl wraps to laptops and can help you in creating a customized wrap.
How To Care For Your Laptop Wrap?
To ensure the longevity of any product, it is imperative to take care of it properly. Same goes for the laptop wrap. Let’s see what you have to do to keep it in pristine condition and make it last longer:
- Avoid Accidental Spills: Do not let water or any other drink fall on your laptop. Accidental spills can damage your laptop wrap, especially if they are frequent. If you are eating or drinking something, keep your laptop at a distance. Clean the wrap immediately if something spills on it.
- Regular Cleaning: Keep your wrap clean using isopropyl alcohol and water solution. Use a soft, microfiber cloth on the wrap. Avoid hard, abrasive sponges and other materials.
- UV Protection: Keep the vinyl wrap on your laptop away from the harmful rays of the sun. When you are carrying your device around, keep it in a sleeve or a proper laptop bag for protection. Sun can cause the laptop wrap to fade over a period of time.
- Keep Sharp Objects Away: You do not want a laptop wrap with scratch marks so keep sharp objects away from your device. This includes pen nibs, geometry instruments, sharpened pencils and other things that you might frequently work with.
What Is The Cost Of Vinyl Wraps For Laptops?
The price of a laptop wrap varies depending on the quality, the vendor and the size of your laptop screen. If you want to buy a pre-cut custom printed laptop skin, it will cost anywhere between $20 to $30. Vinyl rolls are more expensive as you get more premium quality vinyl with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Laptop Wraps - An Overview
Vinyl wraps offer a fun and versatile way to change the look of your laptop while adding a shield of utmost protection to it. You can truly customize your high utility device to represent your distinct style and personality thanks to the variety of designs, textures, and finishes available in vinyl.
Whatever your job, whether you're a student, a professional, or a creative enthusiast, vinyl wraps can help you keep your laptop in pristine condition for long. So hop onto the bandwagon and explore the wraps available at Vinyl Frog to give your laptop an excellent makeover?