Posted By Vinyl Frog On March 30, 2023
The Cost To Wrap A Bus
Buses are the ultimate vehicles for public transportation. They provide an affordable, efficient, and environment-friendly way for people to get around the city. They also serve as a big canvas for adding a design element or advertising. Vinyl wraps, being exquisite and highly captivating, help elevate this experience to the next level.
The estimated cost of fully wrapping a bus excluding the roof ranges from $8,000 - $13,000. If you do not want a full wrap, you can also opt for a partial one which will cost significantly less. Expect to pay anywhere between $500 to $5000 for it.
Vinyl wraps are ideal for wrapping a bus and are a better alternative to paint. They are not only efficient but also affordable. Although paint provides fair protection, it needs frequent polishing and touch-ups. The wraps by Vinyl Frog are the ideal option if you want to personalize your bus. Additionally, they provide protection from UV rays and other environmental factors. If you are considering purchasing a bus wrap, continue reading to learn how much it will cost.
What Determines The Cost Of Wrapping A Bus?
Bus wrap costs can vary so it's difficult to offer an exact quotation without seeing the vehicle and knowing your needs. There are certain factors that affect the total cost of wrapping a bus. These are as follows:
- The quality of the vinyl that you will purchase for the bus is the most important factor. Premium quality vinyl might be a bit expensive but ensures the durability and longevity of the wrap job. Vinyl Frog uses only the strongest, highest-quality vinyl material. It lasts longer and provides better protection and visual appeal.
- The size of the wrap also affects the cost. Buses differ in dimensions. The larger the vehicle, the more vinyl material is required adding to the price.
- The complexity of the design or graphics being applied to the bus also determines how much you will spend. More intricate designs or graphics may require more time and skill to install, which can increase the cost.
- Different automotive vinyl experts might quote different prices. The installation process can also affect the price of the wrap including the skill level and experience of the installer, as well as any additional services that may be required such as removal of old graphics or surface preparation.
- The price also depends on the state where you reside. In some areas, the labor may charge you more compared to others. It's important to work with a reputable and experienced installer who can provide a detailed quote based on the specific needs of your project.
Different Types Of Vinyl Wrapping For The Bus
For the wrapping technique, there are two main options: partial or full wraps. The following cost estimations are based on a bus body with length 7000mm, height 2800mm, and width 2500mm.
Full Bus Wraps
These completely cover the front, back, and sides (no roof). Their cost can range from $8,000 - $12,000. This typically includes the cost of the vinyl material, printing and design, the installation labor, and any necessary preparations or modifications to the bus.
Full wraps prove to be an effective advertising tool. According to an estimate, bus wraps garner close to 70,000 daily impressions. This makes cost-per-impression dramatically less than other traditional forms of advertising.
Partial Bus Wraps
If your budget is extremely tight, you may want to consider a partial wrap, or strategically placed decals instead of a full vehicle wrap. As an estimate, a partial bus wrap typically covers around 25-75% of the surface area and can cost anywhere from $500 to $5000. However, this can increase if there are additional design elements, such as logos or lettering, or if the installation requires additional labor or specialized equipment.
It's best to consult a professional vehicle wrap company to get an accurate quote for a partial bus wrap based on your specific needs and requirements. Partial wraps can be installed in the following ways as mentioned below:
- King Kong Wrap: This includes full coverage of both sides, front and back, as well as the space between the front and rear tires (no roof). Its dimensions are usually 144” x 30” inches.
- Queen Kong Wrap: This includes both sides of the bus including the space between the front and back tires. They are slightly smaller than king wraps.
- Full Ribbon: This includes the region on both sides above the belt line and below the windows.
- Back Graphics: As the name suggests, this covers the rear of the bus. An advertisement placed here is visible to and remembered by thousands of people each day. Vehicles driving behind get a full view of the vinyl wrap and consequently your brand.
Cost Of Spot Vinyl Graphics
Vinyl wraps on buses offer a better return on advertising than any other form. Full color, hi-resolution vinyl vehicle wraps will make your bus truly unmissable. With the basic spot graphics for buses, you can advertise your company's logo, contact information, or website address for a very reasonable fee with a full-color, high-resolution print. This would cost approximately $1200. You can apply graphics in the following ways:
- Partial Ribbon: This includes the area on both sides below the windows and above the belt line, between wheel wells.
- Back Cap: This Includes top of the rear only.
The Variety In Vinyl Wraps For A Bus
Vinyl wraps are available in an array of colors and finishes. Mentioned below are some of the different types of wraps that you can apply on your bus and their cost:
These are perfect for adding unique colors to your bus because they closely resemble the traditional paint job. They give your vehicle a fresh look. You can choose between the two variants: high gloss and super gloss depending on the intensity of shimmer you are looking for. A 5ft x10ft roll costs $159 in total.
Due to its distinctive and luxurious appearance, these wraps serve as a sign of refinement and professionalism. Their finest feature which makes them an excellent choice for buses is that they do not scratch as easily as others. Depending on the color you choose, a roll of these wraps costs from $149 to $159 for 5ft x 10ft.
These wraps are made of metallic particles and will turn heads wherever the bus will go. They are available in six distinct types. Glossy metallic vinyl has a unique sheen that adds to its allure. The shades of candy metallic are highly vibrant and rainbow metallic has an iridescent shine presenting a play of different hues. Glitter Metallic is bright and bold, while matte metallic is a sophisticated wrap. Brushed metallic vinyl has a textured appearance and is an excellent choice if you're looking for something extraordinary. A 5ft x 10ft roll of these vinyl films will cost you $159.
These wraps look incredibly opulent, which makes them highly desirable. They have a reflective, mirror-like finish that will make your bus gleam. Chrome provides a sheen like no other. At VInyl Frog, we have the dazzling mirror chrome wraps, enchanted opal chrome wraps, and the elegant satin chrome wraps. A 5ft x 10ft roll will run you for about $169.
Carbon Fiber Vinyl
With its textured appearance, this one-of-a-kind wrap imitates real carbon fiber. It is mostly used for partial wrapping. You can also wrap the interior of the bus with it such as the steering, dashboard, gear and so on. A 5ft x 10ft roll costs $169.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overall, if you are looking for your money’s worth, you should invest in a bus wrap. Vinyl Frog has wraps that are strong and durable. They are easy to apply and maintain. Our website will provide you with a sizable selection of vinyl films of the highest quality. Visit right now to choose your favorite!